We invite you to join the Cornish American Heritage Society and help us further the culture of Cornwall in North America.
Anyone can join, membership is open to all, Cornish ancestry is not required.
Tam Kernewek, the official newsletter of the CAHS, is published four times per year. Featuring articles about Cornish heritage and information on events in North America for those of Cornish descent, Tam Kernewek provides a vital means of communication between CAHS members. An online version of the newsletter will be published in the near future.
Send articles to:
3835 Bush Gardens Lane
Holt, MI 48842-9401
DEADLINES FOR SUBMISSIONS ARE 15 FEBRUARY, 15 APRIL, 15 JULY AND 15 NOVEMBER EACH YEAR.
CAHS Member's address information is published in the newsletter,Tam Kernewek, to allow members to contact each other and share their genealogical information.
Support for CAHS Projects
Your membership in the Cornish American Heritage Society provides support for projects such as the Paul Smales Award, the Cornish Global Migration Project, the purchasing and indexing project for the newspaper sponsored by the St. Piran's Society and other worthy Cornish heritage and cultural projects. For instance, CAHS donates $1.00 to the Cornish Global Migration Project for each member.
The CAHS also provides assistance to local societies, presence at Cornish, Celtic and ethnic festivals, a research library available by mail and at Gatherings plus discounts on CAHS biennial Gatherings of Cornish Cousins.
Membership in the Cornish American Heritage Society also provides access to the following publications:
- List of Cornish Associations and Societies in North America
- List of CAHS Members Interests
- Tam Kernewek (Membership newsletter - published quarterly)
Cornish Heritage Certificates
The CAHS makes available certificates of Cornish heritage to anyone whose ancestors were born in Cornwall and settled in North America. Contact Jeanne Thomas, 3409 Elmwood Drive, Clio, MI 48420-2903 - USA for information and applications.
Dues & Membership Application
Membership dues for the CAHS are as follows:
- $12.00 US per year (Newsletter and all communications via e-mail)
- $15.00 per year for individuals and $20.00 for families
- There are also individual lifetime memberships available for $215.00
- Junior memberships available for young people at $10.00 per year
- Newsletter via postal mail.
- $25.00 US per year for individuals and $26.00 US for families
- There are also individual lifetime memberships available for $250.00 US
- Junior memberships available for young people at $10.00 US per year
- Newsletter via postal mail.
Make your check or money order payable to the Cornish American Heritage Society and mail dues along with your membership application to Ronald Carbis, Treasurer, 13 Saint Ives Place, Gaithersburg, MD, 20877-3457, USA
- $20.00 CA per year for individuals and $26.00 CA for families.
- There are also individual lifetime memberships available for $250.00.
- Junior memberships for young people for $10.00 CA per year.
- Newsletter via postal mail
Make your check or money order payable to the Cornish American Heritage Society and mail dues along with your membership application to Len Snell, Box 286, Waterdown, ON, LOR 2HO - Canada.